Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Teacher Feature Tuesday: Andrea Mason


Our featured teacher is:
Andrea Mason
 
Andrea teaches Kindergarten in Georgia. 
Andreas's TpT store opened in July 2012. Check out her TpT store and her blog

Why do you teach?
"I teach for so many reasons!  I love the way my students' faces light up when they've learned something new and realize that they finally get it!  I love how every day is different and each day brings a new adventure, new reasons to laugh, and new memories."

Why did you open your TpT store?
"Last summer I decided to redo my classroom theme and had a hard time finding things that were just what I was looking for.  I started to create my own items for my classroom and thought I'd open my store since I had all of these products that other people might like to have as well.  After posting my classroom decor items, I started working on academic units for Kindergarten."

How has TpT made a difference in your life personally and/or professionally?
"TpT has been a huge help to me with navigating through the Common Core Standards!  Creating products that are aligned to the Common Core have helped me understand the depth of the standards as well as the best way to teach them. Personally, TpT has been a wonderful thing.  My husband and I are pursuing adoption to start our family, and my TpT earnings have been a blessing to our adoption fund!"

I wish someone had told me...(share some advice for TpT sellers)
"I wish someone had told me how addicting it would be! :)  Haha!  Really, though, it's been a challenge to fit everything in.  But, once I found a balance between work, home life, and TpT, it's been a lot better."

We've taken some time to look around Andrea Mason's store and her I Heart Kindergarten blog! She has some great Kindergarten products and we can't wait to catch up on her fun blog as she works getting her classroom set up for this year!







1 comment:

  1. I'm your newest follower! I love your weekly teacher feature - what a great, unique idea. I also wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for a Liebster Award. Check out my blog for details.
    Smiles, Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete