Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Classroom Seating Arrangements

Hey everyone! I hope everyone is having a good week. It is time for Too Much To Talk About Tuesday and this week I thought our topic could be seating arrangements. It use to drive me crazy in school if the teacher moved around my seat. Then other teachers kept the class in the same spot for most the year. Some teachers loved rearranging the room and throwing the whole room into craziness. It drove some students crazy and some students loved it.
Do you change your students seats around often? I have been wondering what kind of teacher I will be. I like knowing where everyone in my class sits because you can instantly tell who is missing when their is an empty seat. I think there are many benefits to keeping students in the same seat. On the other hand I completely understand moving students for behavior reasons. If students are not getting along then the easiest thing is separation. I just don't understand moving students around to rearrange the room or just to "mix things up".
Do some teachers just like the change? What about having a reason to the seating? Does anyone have a reason for sitting their students certain ways, such as ability grouping?

~Manda


1 comment:

  1. This article is really a pleasant one it helps new net people, who are wishing for blogging.
    UK seating supplier

    ReplyDelete