Thursday, May 2, 2013

Class Pets

Now for our Through Time and Space post for the week! This week we are focusing on science. Something on my mind this week is class pets. I subbed in a class the other day and a students had brought tadpoles. I thought that was such a cool addition to the classroom. I thought it was a great experience for the students to be able to see a tadpole change into a frog. The teacher and the assistant  in the classroom seemed to think it was a bother to have in the class.
I understand it is some extra work to have a class pet but is it worth it?
While student teaching we had a student bring in two pet turtles for the classroom. The teacher felt the same way the teachers this week did. That it was an unwanted burden. I took care of them and when it was time to go home for the summer the turtles came home with me. (They are also now members of the family! lol)
I just want to hear some different opinions on class pets? Beneficial or Bother?

~ Manda

No comments:

Post a Comment