Monday, March 25, 2013

Money, Money, Money







This past week one my groups of 2nd grade kiddos focused on money. We worked in centers (something new for them in this class). They really enjoyed doing these centers and I liked how well they ran too!

Here's the centers I used:
Click on the image to download from each TpT store!



This is a lesson I created and used two years ago, but I still really like it! The students completed two of the worksheets independently. Then I led a guided center with the cards, baggies of coins, and other worksheets. While this can be done independently by higher performing students, I find it is best to work with the students in a guided small group. 








This is from Carrie's Creations. I filled 12 plastic eggs with different amounts of coins and placed them in an Easter basket. The kiddos enjoyed getting to open the eggs and count the coins.










This is from Christie Uribe. I placed various coupons in a baggie. My students chose one coupon each and then they were to show 3 different ways to make the amount shown on the coupon.








~Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment